3. Most memorable childhood film

The Lion King

The Lion King is my favourite childhood movie because I watched it so often with my family. It has good memories attached to it even though it is a sad film. I also like the hidden meanings behind things that happen in the film like Mufasa being able to control the weather. 

“When Scar took the throne, Mufasa used his cloud-altering powers (we can see him use them to talk to Simba) to stop all rain on the Pride Lands and cause a drought. This was to turn the lions against Scar and welcome Simba as their new king. As soon as Simba defeated Scar, it started raining again.”—Reddit

The death of Mufasa is something that sticks in my mind and will do forever as it is such a memorable death scene. Having a young character like Simba gives children watching something to relate to so having Simba's father die is quite shocking to children and is why I will always remember it. 


Comments

Popular Posts